2017 Fall Decorating Trends
– Neutral/Muted tones are in this year. This includes colors like pastel blues, whites, tans, mint greens, etc.
– Vintage, rustic, and farmhouse themes are trending. They focus on light wood patterns and an industrial feel.
– Want to add some color? Adding a bright orange, yellow, green, or even royal blue to your neutral decorations will add a nice pop of color and will definitely stand out. Check out the ideas and pictures below:
Pictures from: craftberryblush.com and littlevintagenest.com.
Best Places to see Fall Foliage In the Hill Country
For me, Nashville is one of my favorite places to go. Especially in the fall. Not only is the music amazing, but because everywhere you look, it seems as though the leaves on the trees are on fire. They boast a mixture of beautiful colors, like reds, oranges, yellows and maroons. Are you
1. Lost Maples State Park
2. Guadalupe River
3. Devil’s Backbone
4. Garner State Park
Are you wondering when the perfect time would be to take a tour through these parks? Click here for weekly fall foliage reports from Lost Maples. That link will be updated weekly in October and November. As usual with most state parks, they get very busy on the weekends and holidays, and will typically close after reaching capacity. So go early or make backup plans, just in case!
Posted on 9/12 for August 2017 – Information provided by SABOR
– Average price of a home: $252,613
– Median Price: $218,400
– August had the lowest days on market compared to any other month; at 48 days
– 3,768 new listings in August
– 9,780 active properties
– Overall: total number of home sales continue to rise, with days on the market decreasing. This means if you are in the market to buy a home, you will need to be prepared to make quick decisions, because chances are, that property won’t last long on the market. Interest rates are also very low, so now is the time to buy before they increase!
October Events – visit here for more information
SIX FLAGS FIESTA TEXAS FRIGHT FEST: 9/15-10/31 – THE MONSTERS COME OUT AT NIGHT (7:30), BUT DURING THE DAY, ENJOY THE PARK ATTRACTIONS, SHOWS, HAUNTED HOUSES, AND MUCH MORE!
SEAWORLD HOWL-O-SCREAM: 9/29-10/29 – DURING THE DAY, ENJOY KID-FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN SHOWS AND ACTIVITIES. THERE IS ALSO A HAY MAZE! ONCE NIGHT HITS, THE SCARY CREATURES START ROAMING THROUGH 6 SCARE ZONES AND 5 HAUNTED HOUSES!
BUD LIGHT HAUNTED RIVER – ARNERSON RIVER THEATRE – 10/27 6PM-10PM: COSTUME CONTEST, ADULT BEVERAGES, PARADE W/ DECORATED FLOATS
ALAMO CITY GHOST TOURS – 13 HAUNTED LOCATIONS, FAST PACED HIGH ACTION TOURS. THEY DO NOT REMAIN IN ONE LOCATION VERY LONG!
OKTOBERFEST – FRIDAY, OCT 6, 2017 – SATURDAY, OCT 14, 2017 – BEETHOVEN MAENNERCHOR
SAN ANTONIO BEER FESTIVAL – SATURDAY OCTOBER 21 1:30-6:30PM – DIGNOWITY AND LOCKWOOD PARKS
Kids Corner – Non Scary Halloween Events
SAN ANTONIO ZOO- ZOO BOO: EVERY SATURDAY & SUNDAY IN OCTOBER: KIDS 12 AND UNDER ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR THEIR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES AND CAN ENJOY GAMES, COSTUME CONTESTS, A HAY MAZE, TRICK OR TREATING, PUMPKIN PAINTING AND MUCH MORE!
MORGANS WONDERLAND – MORE DELIGHTFUL THAN FRIGHTFUL: OCTOBER 31ST 4:30PM-8:30PM – WEAR YOUR DELIGHTFUL HALLOWEEN COSTUME AND ENJOY TRICK OR TREATING PLUS RIDES & ATTRACTIONS!
ALAMO CITY COMIC CON – HALLOWEEN EDITION – FRIDAY, OCT 27th – SUNDAY, OCT 29th – ALAMODOME: FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT FOR ALL AGES!
**Want to receive a hardcopy every month? Email MirandaKW1@gmail.com with your name and address to be added to our mailing list! We do monthly contests for clients who sign up to receive a hardcopy! Don’t miss out! Sign up today!!**